Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Cutty Sark off-cuts

I have a lot of off-cuts and fragments from my making of various objects from the ships timber.
Some of these I have found difficult to use in the usual way so I have created some other things that might appeal to the visitors.
The two seascapes utilise the hull timber immediately below the muntz metal that clad the ship, This has a wonderful crusty verdigris texture which looks just like a rough sea. The addition of some burnt timber for rocks and a turned lighthouse cut in half and skies using the more grained wood complete the picture.
I have bought a small lathe in order to turn the handles of the magnifying glasses. I lost my original lathe many years ago in a workshop fire. and never bothered to replace it but it has been good fun re- discovering the world of woodturning.


No comments:

Post a Comment