Sunday, May 2, 2010

Chipolatas anyone?


I had an operation on my right hand on Sunday April 25th to repair the cut tendons to the ring and middle finger with a local anaesthetic, a nerve block, and here is the result a week later. Chipolatas!
My hand came out of plaster on Friday. Rachael, at St. Thomas's Hospital hand therapy unit fashioned a lovely blue thermoplastic splint with contrasting dark blue velcro straps and gave me horribly painful but necessary exercises to do if I am to get full usage back. What has intrigued me is the almost universal reaction to hearing about and seeing wounds. I get a physical reaction on the inside of my thighs, others report a clenching of the testicles. My lovely neighbour, Jo used to say "it makes me bum crimble" I wonder what this deep-seated human reaction is all about?

No comments:

Post a Comment